Mojang has always remained consistent in launching new and better versions of Minecraft. Whether you own a PC, Xbox, or mobile, there is a compatible edition of Minecraft for your device. The Windows 10 edition was released in July 2015 for tablets, PCs, and VR devices. Later, it was renamed Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10.
For the players playing on Java edition, getting Windows 10 edition is quite simple. All they need to do is sign in to their Mojang accounts and claim the free version of Minecraft Windows 10. However, there are certain restrictions for acquiring the game for free.
Here’s all you need to know about redeeming Minecraft windows 10 for free.
Is Minecraft Windows 10 Edition better than the Rest?
It is a question that bothers most players because they need to know if they are spending money on the right things or not. Although Mojang has added many outstanding features in the windows 10 edition, there are plenty of things that will not work for many players.
Starting with its advantages, the windows 10 edition runs relatively faster than other editions. Since it uses UWP, it doesn’t require any virtual machine for processing. Hence, it runs smoothly on tablets and PCs. Alternatively, Java edition is much slower than windows because it operates on Java VM and needs another virtual machine to run. Consequently, it reduces the loading speed of the game.
As for the disadvantages, there is only one thing that we do not like about the Minecraft Windows 10 edition, and that is its limited compatibility. Unlike the Java version of the game – Mac, Linux, and mobile devices do not support the Windows 10 version. Unfortunately, if you have one of these devices, you wouldn’t be able to redeem Minecraft Windows 10 on it.
How to Redeem Minecraft Windows 10
Luckily, if you bought the Minecraft Java edition before October, 19th 2018, you can redeem Minecraft Windows 10 edition by following these steps:
- Open the browser and go to the official Mojang studio page.
- Enter your credentials and sign in to your Mojang account. If you have a Minecraft account, you will still need a Mojang account to proceed further.
- Once you enter into your Mojang account, you will be directed to the My games page. There, you will see Minecraft: Windows 10 edition claim box.
- Click on the Claim your free copy box, and the Microsoft sign-in page will appear. Enter your Microsoft email and tap Next.
- A code will appear on your screen. This is the code to get Minecraft Windows 10 for free. Select Next.
- Now, tap on confirm to download the free windows 10 version of Minecraft on your PC/tablet.
If the download doesn’t start automatically, you can visit the windows store to download the Minecraft windows 10 version. However, in all cases, make sure to log in to your Java account. Apart from that, players who don’t own the Minecraft Java account already can purchase the Minecraft Windows 10 edition from the Microsoft store for just $26.99.